• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

male or female

Anthony

5 Year Member
hey guys im putting a down payment on a black and white tegu from bobby next week and cant decide if i want a male or female.... I want the tegu to be as tame as possible and i heard males are more tame then females but i dont think that would be a prolblem or concern with one of bobbys tegus any input here guys? I also want my tegu to get as big as possible lol i would get a giant but its my first pet so i dont want to go all out plus i wana use that extra cash to make the best set up possible ... Now I do like the look of the female better to me there cuter with the smaller face and that tegu juancho is the coolest little tegu i seen her videos inspired me to want a tegu , I originally wanted a monitor or iguana but then seen how awesome tegus are and i want one of them instead... What do u guys think anybody own each kind and tell any differences ?

ierowe

5 Year Member
I asked this question not too long ago. I was told that males are more docile. I then talked to Bobby and was told that females are also very sweet. He has a vid on youtube that shows two females crawling up his legs looking for attention. So after talking to Bobby I would not really be concerned wether I got a male or a female. I would be thrilled to have either. That said I did not change my order for a male, Can you say big? ) lol

omgtaylorg

5 Year Member
It depends on what your looking for, they are both docile either way, except when females are in the breeding season...prego or have already laid eggs, then you cant go near them basically or they will attack. Not because they are a mean non tame animal, but to protect their young basically, like any other animal would do. So if you want a year round nice animal that wont have a reason to be agressive id go with a male, but again if you arent breeding a female would be a sweetheart too, just give them the attention they deserve.

carcharios

5 Year Member
Out of curiosity, I know males grow bigger than females but just how big is the average size for females?

Also, I have a female and another smaller Tegu of unknown sex. Are there any problems with housing them together if they're the same sex?

Carcharios

jntann

5 Year Member
Hi, the more time you spend with it the tamer it will be. if you don't spend time with it it will not be tame. so make sure you have the time...

TehPenguin

5 Year Member
It's best not to house together at all. But if you do, build a LARGE enclosure with multiple basking and hiding areas. This will prevent territorial aggression. Also, introduce on neutral ground. If they don't like each other there, they certainly wont in a enclosure.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ilovecaimantegus1980