• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Loose Stools with Hare Today

Alxsparks

Has anyone noticed their Tegu has loose stools on Hare Today foods?

I recently switched to ground chicken/bone/organs from a diet of ground chicken breast, gizards, liver, hearts, egg yolks and calcium powder (which was actually working great for Finnegan after I initially misfired on his diet (I switched to hare today because I thought I could save myself a few hours of gizzard chopping that way)).

I figured the diets would be nutritionally similar, and so far Finnegan is fond of the new food, but after a week on the hare today diet I've noticed his stools are much looser/wetter after the switch, and he also goes in his cage a lot more than he used to (he almost always used to wait for a soak). I'm not sure if this is good, bad or indifferent, but I know hare today is a popular food source and I wanted to see if others were noticing the same thing and if it's something I need to be concerned about.

bfb345

it is just the switch in foods almost all animals do it like dogs if you switch brand or even flavor kraps for a week lol

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Phi Long