• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Looking to get a Tarantula

dturner05

5 Year Member
Recently I have had the idea of getting a tarantula sometime this year. These thibgs used to creep me out so much, but more and more I see how beautiful and awesome they really are. I just wanted to see what some of you guys thought about which one to get. I really don't want to handle it much, but maybe a little. Any thoughts?

Markie

5 Year Member
I'm so on the same boat as you :) I have wanted one for a long time and I think I am actually going to get me one sometime this year! I am definately going to order mine from KenTheBugGuy. He has some awesome stuff. Heck, I might even get me a few!

Anyways, I think you should go for it. I have heard that a few of the best species to start off with is stuff like rosehairs, mexican red knees, and.. well, that's all that comes to mind right now. I know there are a few more though. Hopefully Ken will reply to this seeing as this is his area.

dturner05

5 Year Member
Yeah I've looked through Ken's inventory many times now...I am just to indecisive, I see one and it's oooh pretty, I want that one! Than not 2 seconds later I see another and have the same reaction...lol. I really like the Brazilian Black, but I bet I will end up getting a Mexican Red Rump, Fire Leg, or Red Knee.

LouDog760

5 Year Member
Ah-Haha this is funny because I've been looking into it to. I've always thought they were cool. Just never thought of getting one myself tell I started watching some youtube videos. I found this really cool guy I'll post a link to his channel below. But for a beginner a good Tarantula is Brachypelma smithi or the (Mexican Red-kneed) or Grammostola aureostriata or ( Chaco Golden Stripe) are some good ones to name a few. I would look for some forums to join like this guys below.

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.youtube.com/user/tarantulaguy1976" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.youtube.com/user/tarantulaguy1976</a><!-- m -->

LouDog760

5 Year Member
Here's the forum, give it a click.

aa_minibanner.jpg

http://arachnophiles.myfreeforum.org/index.php

dturner05

5 Year Member
I am actually thinking about ordering a chaco golden knee soon...and just not telling my room mate...lol. After all it'll just be like a half inch long.

John_E_Dove

5 Year Member
Grammastola aureostriatum is a fair choice for a first T. Welcome to the wonderful world of spider people.

DaveDragon, I'd be happy to drive over and get yours to add to our collection of refugees but the 4000 mile round trip would be a killer. LOL

DaveDragon

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
John_E_Dove said:
DaveDragon, I'd be happy to drive over and get yours to add to our collection of refugees but the 4000 mile round trip would be a killer. LOL
Find a way to write it off on your taxes!!! :mrgreen:

dturner05

5 Year Member
So I made this order less than an hour ago, Ken has already contacted me and will be shipping tomorrow, talk about service! I will probably go ahead and say if I eer get another bug...Ken will be the guy to go to.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erectus