• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

LETS SEE THOSE BLUES BLUES BLUES!!! POST YOUR BLUES!!!

KSTAR

5 Year Member
This thread is for all the blues here on TeguTalk!! Post them and let them shine!! : ) This Is My Newset Baby Blue From Ty Park...
74DFD0ED-0354-4CC2-A400-A58F7FF2A6DA-295-0000000DD72A7094.jpg

7A1C9024-D37F-48AB-8E7C-7E1930602209-295-0000000DDDC68925.jpg

31BE8260-3988-4472-91E8-C918D259EEED-2079-000000BE5CE33C43.jpg

And This Is My First Blue Tegu I Had Chomper....
BabyBlue3.jpg

Chomper5.jpg

Chomperandbliss1.jpg

Chomperandbliss2.jpg

And This Is My Hybrid 75%Blue 25%Red
Hybridred-bluetegu4.jpg

Hybridred-bluetegu2.jpg

And This Is Her About 6 Months Later!! TOTALLY BLUE!!
Haze2.jpg

Haze.jpg

tg3.jpg

chelvis

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Well here is my growing blue herd. All pictures taken this week.

This Bosco, not from any current blue line that I know of. 7 years old.
IMG_1351.JPG

This is Bucky from Ty's 2012 clutch. She is over 3 feet long and eats like crazy.
IMG_0802.JPG

And last but not least this is So-Co the newest addition from the 2013 Underground.
P7300006.JPG

KSTAR

5 Year Member
AWESOME GROUP YOU GOT THERE CHELVIS!! I was gonna get a baby from the 2013 Underground stock but was hesitant...How's Your baby so far?

chelvis

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
She had been great so far. Eating like a champ and is basking in front of me each day. Shipping was smooth and packaging was spot on. Customer service was par as I only dealt with them via email which was mainly my choice. Overall it was a normal reptile experience.

We'll see how she does over the next few months and how those "platinum" colors come out. Was going to get another from Snakes at Sunset just to try and see as much variety as possible but if you look at Bucky's picture you might see why I hesitate ;)

KSTAR

5 Year Member
They all look great...I've been wanting to see these "platinum" colors too but the babies are still bit small to start showing...Bucky looks awesome...

chelvis

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Bosco is 47" long, just shy of four feet but he is heavy at 12lbs but not fat. He can walk easily without his belly dragging.

Did not try breeding this year. I but Bucky and Bosco together this fall to see if they would hibernate together this winter, but may not have waited long enough. Once So-Co starts showing her color I'll post those up here are well.

KSTAR

5 Year Member
i heard that the blue tegus dont hibernate they just slow down in the winter time...none of my blues ever slowed down or hibernated either...so im assuming its some what accurate...do yours hibernate chelvis?

chelvis

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Sometimes they do and sometimes they don't. Bosco has and hasn't. He will slow down some years and then other years will eat through the winter. Haven't figured it out. Can keep the lights on the heat on and he still slows down and then the next will turn off lights and heat and he is up and active. So it depends on the year and the tegu.

I will say its much shorter and lighter then Black and Whites and Reds. Bosco slows down around November/December and is back to full summer mode in March/April.

KSTAR

5 Year Member
I haven't had anything like that yet...neither of the blue tegus I had slowed down and I think if I saw them slowing down ill try and cut the lights and heat but if I see they're still active ill just turn everything back on and let them proceed to the regular everyday "HARD LIFE OF A TEGU" LOL...They sleep and act as if they're the ones that work everyday lol

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
annettekirtont