• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Kinky Christmas Eve!

Sakara

5 Year Member
Here are some updated pics of the kinkster! He's eating, pooping, shedding and growing!! I was gone for 10 days and he's changed so much! lol... he's got a bit more white to him now! He's doing great!!

img0373e.jpg

img0372m.jpg

img0371d.jpg

img0369ra.jpg

img0368yr.jpg

img0367f.jpg

img0366t.jpg

img0363ba.jpg

img0362qe.jpg

Meg90

5 Year Member
Aww he's beautiful! Have you taken him in yet, to see what exactly that hump is caused by?

Sakara

5 Year Member
i haven't taken him in yet... things have been crazy this month, lol... I'll prolly end up taking him in January after the holidays calm down, hahaha

Sakara

5 Year Member
thanks guys :D

BTW: are tegus always bipolar? lol... one minute he loves me and the next he runs like heck :crazy he's a crazy bugger...

Sakara

5 Year Member
he does eat a lot, hahaha... He likes to attack and tear apart his turkey pile hahaha... He's pretty good after eating... He will sit and bask for a while after he eats :D

DaveDragon

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
I had to clean the little one's tank twice today; once before feeding fuzzy mice, and once after!!! Guts everywhere!!! They make such a mess!!!!!

RamblinRose

5 Year Member
Hi, I am new to the forum but I'd say it is probably scoliosis resulting from incubation. Cute little guy but I sure hope you didn't pay for him. If so hope it wasn't much.

DaveDragon

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
I hatched him and 16 others that had no problems. And hatched 18 last year. Here's the incubator. http://www.tegutalk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=2258 The temps never varied by more than a degree or two.

It doesn't look like a spinal deformity to me, it looks like s bump of some kind. He's had it since birth and it hasn't changed other than growing with him (does that make sense?). He's very active and has a wicked appetite. We'll see what the vet says. I hope it doesn't affect him when he gets older. He's a very good looking Tegu otherwise.

Sakara

5 Year Member
oh yes, he's a gorgeous boy :D and moves just as fast as any normal tegu I have ever seen, lol... He deff. eats and moves and poos and sheds... So he's growing, and it doesn't seem to affect him... So we will see :) I've seen other animals with worse live long healthy lives and I plan to give the same to this little guy ;)

Jefroka

5 Year Member
Sakara said:
thanks guys :D

BTW: are tegus always bipolar? lol... one minute he loves me and the next he runs like heck :crazy he's a crazy bugger...

Actually, consider yourself fortunate that there are times when he loves you. Because he is still small, larger things, especially from above are perceived as predatory. When he gets larger he more than likely will become less shy and most likely very tame. Tegus are very smart, keep interacting with him, use the seperate feeding bin method & you will have quite a reptillian friend in a few months or so.

Best of luck with the bump!

...Jefroka

Marlene

5 Year Member
He looks very good, despite the lump! My tegu has been a little bi-polar these last two days, but I strayed from our routine for a couple of days, the snakes needed more attention, they're a bit deadlier than my 'gu, lol. Now that I'm back on schedule, he's calming down more.

txrepgirl

5 Year Member
He is sooooo cute ? I'm very happy to hear that he is doing so well. I can't wait to find out what the vet says. Are you going to get a Xray done ? if you do it would be great if you could post a picture off it. Thank you and good luck.

fuzzylogix

Please see the following thread for an update on Kinky

http://www.tegutalk.com/showthread.php?tid=2307&page=2#axzz23fEBBIeG

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mightytegu