• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

just got the blue today

BSM

5 Year Member
The person changed his mind again and sent her yesterday and i just got her today right before i was going to ship the little Argus to him. Here are some pics the minute i got her, wasn't shipped right but at least she got her safety and looks healthy.

P5130239.jpg

P5130240.jpg

P5130243.jpg

P5130244.jpg

I was told she is 8 months old and wasn't from Dave.

Bryan

ashesc212

5 Year Member
Congrats on your new tegu! How big is she? She looks kind of small...you need to fatten her up a little =).

BSM

5 Year Member
I havent measured her yet but i think she is 2.5 feet, i will get the measurement on Sunday. She just started to eat after i offered her some mice, i was going to offer some chicks or quails but my package from rodent pro hasn't got her yet.

Bryan

BohemianReptilia

5 Year Member
Wow she is just SO beautiful! We should meet up and let my male and her breed in the future, assuming you aren't too far away from me :)

BSM

5 Year Member
thanks but some people think she may be a hybrid but it really doesnt matter to me as at least shes healthy thats all i really ask for from people.
Where on LI are you, im in suffolk county but anyways i think she needs to be a little bit better maybe sometime later this year we can try.

BSM

5 Year Member
she just sheded yesterday so heres some better pics. By the way she sure likes those hisser roaches, it sucks i had to kill them all today (problem in monitor cages). I dont see many people feeding there tegus any big insects?

P5170245.jpg

P5170246.jpg

P5170250.jpg

heres a picture taken with a flash
P5170249.jpg

Beasty

5 Year Member
I feed mine Hissers and Dubias too. Only the blue tegu seems to be interested in hissers though.
I can't wait to have my move finalized so I can get some nice outdoor shots too.
I see you captured a little bit of the blue coloration in one of those pix. Nice job.

BohemianReptilia

5 Year Member
She doesnt look like a hybrid to me. But I do agree, she is a little young to breed...

I live in Nassau but have no problem traveling, and neither does my Blue. He seems to love car rides lol.

BSM

5 Year Member
BohemianReptilia when she is ready i would def not mind and you can have half the babies if we get any. I decided to pick up a male red/bw hybrid from timo to possibly introduce to her, i haven't sent the money yet as i keep hearing mixed reviews on him. If i due send the money hopefully i get a nice healthy one, the pics he sent me look ok and i got plenty of food just in case.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ilovecaimantegus1980