• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

JBW Exotics Farm- Jan 21st Dixie Reptile Show- See a Majestic!

Tegu Dude

We will be at the Dixie Reptile Show on January 21, with some awesome looking animals, exotic/carnivorous plants, feeders, supplies, freebies, etc. I’m sure that you’ve heard about the Majestic Argentine Tegu, but from what I hear there are many out there who doubt their existence or think that they are some kind of hoax, so one will be on display (probably glued to papa along with a few more of my tegus!). I am bringing some hatchling reds that will be for sale/trade at some point. Most are showing lots of white and a center row of spotting, so I want to see a few more sheds before I let any go. I type really slow & have little time to be on a computer, so don’t expect many replies to comments. Email my phone [email protected] if you want to contact me. Bring your tegu and get a free custom fit leather bell harness!

Rhetoric

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Is it your majestic tegu? Can you post any pictures for those of us who are too far to attend?

Grendel

Tegu Dude said:
We will be at the Dixie Reptile Show on January 21, with some awesome looking animals, exotic/carnivorous plants, feeders, supplies, freebies, etc. I’m sure that you’ve heard about the Majestic Argentine Tegu, but from what I hear there are many out there who doubt their existence or think that they are some kind of hoax, so one will be on display (probably glued to papa along with a few more of my tegus!). I am bringing some hatchling reds that will be for sale/trade at some point. Most are showing lots of white and a center row of spotting, so I want to see a few more sheds before I let any go. I type really slow & have little time to be on a computer, so don’t expect many replies to comments. Email my phone [email protected] if you want to contact me. Bring your tegu and get a free custom fit leather bell harness!

I've seen the pictures of the majestic, I'm Not impressed. And when you write something like the above you may as well be writing as the beneficiary from Nigeria who wants to transfer me some money.

Is this you as well?

http://www.iherp.com/Public/ShowUser.aspx?UserID=4d6b442f-ad37-481e-bf29-a1ad103979ed

Those of us who have actually gone through higher education, and have been published in legitimate peer reviewed journals do not find this kind of bibble babble enchanting.

Tegu Dude

I've seen the pictures of the majestic, I'm Not impressed. And when you write something like the above you may as well be writing as the beneficiary from Nigeria who wants to transfer me some money.
[/quote]

This is the dumbest reply to any thread Ive ever seen. If your not impressed, dont look at it. If rainbows dont impress you do you stay inside or go out and tell them not to send you money? Im bringing my pet along b/c I'm impressed and proud of her and her siblings, so are lots of others. She's not for sale, as stated above there will be lots of animals, plants,etc at my tables. I like to see people enjoy their tegus, and Im encouraging them to bring their tegu along by making a harness for it that I designed to hold a falconry bell and leash. I dont keep my tegus locked up all the time, so I spent months designing a harness that wont come off and will hold a bell so I wont lose track of them and they can enjoy themselves.

TeguBuzz

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
I'm very fond of the build and coloration of Johnny LaRocca's majestic tegu, Max. Those gu's look pretty damn nice but they're always getting ripped on. I'm a fan of Johnny's product!

teguboy77

5 Year Member
I to like Johnny LaRocca's majestic tegu's i think there cool looking.To each there own,and stop hating smh.

chelvis

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
For those wanting to check it out, here is the webpage; http://www.teguterra.com/

To each their own, I think they are a nice looking tegu. I wish he wouldn't put a peach spotted tegu down (most likly a light phased red). But its a good example of selctive breeding and a nice result at that.

JohnMatthew

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Tegu Dude said:
How do you post pics?

Upload your pictures to a free image hosting site(photobucket is one of the more popular ones). Then you just put your cursor on the pictures in photobucket and some options will pop up below. Click on the bottom(IMG code) box and it'll be automatically copied, then just past it in a post here.

I think the leash thing is a mighty fine gesture and I'm all about people spreading the tegu love.

Dana C

I think that the point Grendel was trying to make is that the Majestic, like the All American is not a species or even a subspecies unto itself. The Majestic is a cross between differently colored T. merianeas. Like many cross breeds in any species, it takes many, many generations including some inbreeding to see what they are really like and if they are genetically different than any other T. merianea.
All Americans, which have some T. Rufescens are genetically unique.

I haven't seen one and since there are no Herp shows in Idaho that I know of I will likely not ever see one, so I have no opinion about their appearance. I do know however that as in all cross breedings, not all color or physical confirmation traits are passed along to all offspring.
It is like breeding a standard poodle and a lab. Some puppies will have poodle like coats and some will have flat coats. Some will have traits that represent the best of both breeds and some pups will have the worst of both breeds. Tegu's are no different. Cross breeds are not mythical, magical or even "special". They are just cross breeds.

Rhetoric

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
I knew of teguterras. I was just curious to see what the OPs looks like. I think they are neat looking tegus. I will happily admit that I would take one if I stumbled upon one lol. But for me, they seem to be a little overpriced for the time being. I agree with what Chelvis said. Good luck with the expo, I wish we had more tegus at ours.

Bubblz Calhoun

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Just a heads up,.. I don't know what the weather is like in Alabama around this time of year. But a lot of Expos don't allow you to bring in animals if you're not a vendor. I don't see if it's okay or not on their site but it's something to look into.

Deac77

5 Year Member
From what I can tell they are just a b&w x red cross I think they are awesome in color but not worth the price I like the blueXred cross better but max is a sexy beast :p

Tegu Dude

Deac77 said:
From what I can tell they are just a b&w x red cross I think they are awesome in color but not worth the price I like the blueXred cross better but max is a sexy beast :p

U r right but there is more to it than that. Me and Johnny have our secrets and none are for sale. Im sure that he would sell one for 6 or more digits, thats up to him. none of mine are for sale and never will be(they r not pictured on his website). the siblings of them will be for sale from me in a few years once Icross them w bluexreds and other hybrids in @3 years. If any of u have 50/50 hybrids ready to breed of any kind for sale/trade bring them to the bham sale, or to one of my weekly free shows and that would speed up the process(I hate doing them @ there bc thats where my dad was murdered by an escaped con in 08, ((R.I.P. Joel Brent Willmore, Love U DAD!)), I have to go bc tegus r crawling all over me + im in tears. I need a 24/7 secretary i can trust bc im too busy w my farm to be on the comp + I cant type.

james.w

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
The only way you will get 6 digits for a tegu is putting 3 zeros after the decimal point.

Tegu Dude

james.w said:
The only way you will get 6 digits for a tegu is putting 3 zeros after the decimal point.

In 3 years, Me or LaRocca wont let our hybrids go for less than 5-10 thousand dollars, LOL! U made me laugh so hard! Quick whits Tegu Dog! Thats my nickname for u! LOL AGAIN!!!! LOL EVEN AGAIN, I was laughin so hard my tegus woke up and came out of there bedroom looking for me! I might change my bus name to tegu house or something!!! I want to keep the JBW in there though, since me and my dad have the same initials. If this is James, who went to school w Jason, aka J Dog, Change ur name to Tegu Dog! U know my home # 3343659543 Hit me up!

Grendel

Tegu dude why did you delete your profile on I herp ( the one I posted a link to) before anyone could see it? I think your making all this stuff up about yourself and hiding behind the Internet. This is not the first board you have been on with the same stories.

Tegu Dude

Grendel said:
Tegu dude why did you delete your profile on I herp ( the one I posted a link to) before anyone could see it? I think your making all this stuff up about yourself and hiding behind the Internet. This is not the first board you have been on with the same stories.

Google my name and see all the fake crap that comes up. I cant type, have hired ppl to type for me, all have been fired, even my mom since I found out she's been drinking and taking pills. I didnt even know I had an Iherp until you posted that link. Talked to mom, got her to take everything off, but my pic. I dont have time for a comp. Im a full time farmer & biologist. I have to come to her house to use the comp. I wish my grandmother lived closer so she could be my full time secretary. I need to hire a few more ppl bc i cant handle the farms by myself and be hunt n peckin on here. I really need an artist. If anyone in the central AL area (or at least someone who can meet me) needs a job, plz reply. Its almost light and I have to hit the woods to get a few squirrels. email me if you want my #.

Grendel

Tegu Dude said:
Grendel said:

Google my name and see all the fake crap that comes up. I cant type, have hired ppl to type for me, all have been fired, even my mom since I found out she's been drinking and taking pills. I didnt even know I had an Iherp until you posted that link. Talked to mom, got her to take everything off, but my pic. I dont have time for a comp. Im a full time farmer & biologist. I have to come to her house to use the comp. I wish my grandmother lived closer so she could be my full time secretary. I need to hire a few more ppl bc i cant handle the farms by myself and be hunt n peckin on here. I really need an artist. If anyone in the central AL area (or at least someone who can meet me) needs a job, plz reply. Its almost light and I have to hit the woods to get a few squirrels. email me if you want my #.
Ok i guess this post says it all, I rest my case.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mightytegu