• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Is my Tegu an Argentine B/w or something else?

Trigger3lite

So I'm 100% sure it's an Argentine B/W but my dad is paranoid because it has too much yellow so he thinks it's a columbian/gold tegu. It's belly is extremely yellow too. Someone take a look at these pictures and confirm that I'm right.

Also the guy that sold it to me (kicksballs.com) told me that it's a Chacoan Giant. I compared it to some of the pics online and see no resemblance. Do some of them not have white heads as I've noticed in pics?

Do any of you have any experience with kicksballs?

http://imgur.com/a/bpxuZ

Roadkill

5 Year Member
Colour, for the most part, in tegus has no bearing on what species it may or may not be. That is without doubt a Salvator merianae.

Now, when it comes to "morphs", no one has given any kind of valid, definitive description of what a Chacoan Giant actually is. If that's what you want, then that is what you have.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mightytegu