• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Is he trying to breed?

Penny&Dollar

Hey what's up guys? Yes it's been a minute...I don't know exactly what's going on here but twice I have caught Dollar mounting Penny. I know I know it ain't possible their still young, but it's true he even kicks her tail and all. Bite the back of her neck I ran to get my phone and snapped a quick picture. Can somebody explain what's going on or is this a dominant thing? I've never experienced this with none of the other tegus (at this size)i have. Here's the picture

Attachments

• 20140305_175336.jpg
    20140305_175336.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 65

Penny&Dollar

@ bubblz I had to separate them the lights turned off at 630pm and he was still doing the same thing. But their not even a year old yet, I'm telling you every tegu really is different. I had a male read (died I killed him with kindness obese died of a heart attack) didn't want anybody or anything in his enclosure not even a female, once out the friendliest tegu in the world. My black and whites if you pick them up they freak out and will bite you but if you sit down on the floor they walk and climb all over you. My blues love heights don't have a problem with anything so far but the male is a horny tegu loll lol only in my house. Well I guess ill just keep them separate for now ,none of my others did this till they were about a year and half old but this is new to me. Once again thnx bubblz I just needed to make sure I'm not going crazy lolol

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pags1029