• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

indonesian tree boa

Beazer

5 Year Member
They are pretty easy to care for. They like it humid but with good ventilation (sometimes that can be difficult perfecting). Humidifiers keep it humid pretty good (low humidity around 50% and peak humidity around 80%) So in other words let it dry out a bit to around 50% humidity for a while and then make it peak to 80% a couple times a day but dont let it say constantly damp (im not the best at explaining that part lol). The way the snake sheds will tell you.

Keep them around the high 70's and to very low 80's (anything over 83 will be pushing it as they do not like it too warm). The best way would just be to allow the cool side be around 75F and have a basking area of 80F 'ish.

As far as diet goes, babies may only take lizards/frogs and require scenting to get them switched over. Though, they usually arent as difficult as most people have made them out to be to get eating and if you can get a hold of pygmy mice pinkies that would be awesome, or day old pinkies for baby babies. Adults that I've worked with, all took rodents no problem. The only reason some didnt take right away was because of stress issues. They are awesome to watch eat but be sure not to over feed them. Feeding them bi weekly or once a month wont hurt them if you give appropriately sized meals. Infact its better for them. The key is to make sure they are not fat, but healthy. Two major problems in the hobby is people think cause the snake is fat, means its healthy, and they think cause it wants more, means it needs more.

They dont get too big so thats great. They are cryptic animals which is absolutely awesome if you set them up with an environment to blend into. From my understand they are very easy to breed. They tend to be WC and come in with parasite loads, treating them for these parasites is debatable. Some people prefer to just let the parasites flush out naturally, others prefer to treat them for them (though treatment on animals may do more harm that good). Handling, they may appear calm but they are very stressed inside so they are an animal best for display, in which they make AWESOME display animals.

-Jon DeLong

Beazer

5 Year Member
I should have also mentioned if you do have problems with humidity, you can make a humid box using a suitable sized sterilite container and moss with a hole for the snake to fit through (use your judgment to make an appropriate size hole so the snake doesnt ever get stuck). Keep the moss moist inside the box and you got y'urself a humid hide/box.

As far as the humidifier goes, you can rig one up with a pool hose and set up a timer to turn it on and on through out the day. ZooMed I think now makes a small humidifer but I'm not sure how well it works.

I also forgot to add to not get a huge cage for them. For an adult I wouldnt go for more than a 40 gallon and if you do a 40g I would suggest 2 waterbowls. If you get a baby or something, ask me and I will pm you info on the care of the babies and the right set ups.

-Jon DeLong

Incubus06

Hello Beazer,

First of all, Thank you for the information there's basically no information at all anywhere about this species, I bought 2 males and 4 females and I was wondering can I cohab them? Like maybe one male and 2 females per enclosure ?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pags1029