• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

impaction symptoms?

ericskggs

Hey everyone. Somewhat new to the forum and the tegu world. Just a quick question for anyone that can help. My Argentine black and white tegu is about 2 months old and everything seems great with her BUT.... I can't find anything to indicate she is pooping. She use to go openly and I cleaned it up every day. It has been almost two weeks since I have seen a single sign of any pooping at all. Is it possible she is burying it or is she impacted? I keep reading different things on signs of impactions. If it helps to answer anything she eats like crazy and easily puts down 5 or 6 pinkie mice every couple days and eats large amounts of other variety foods between with no problem at all?

Josh

Administrator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Hello! You can easily check to see if she's burying it - though that isn't likely. Check her substrate. You could try feeding her some cod liver oil to loosen things up internally. Maybe some higher fiber foods as well...

ericskggs

Ok thanks for the help. I'm going to spend some time with her tomorrow and see what I can find. Any suggestions on what to feed her? I have been giving her beef liver chicken liver fish and mixed fruit and vegetables. I give her pinkie mice and rats about every three or four days

ericskggs

Ok I woke up and had two fresh, big piles of poo in Athena's enclosure after two weeks of nothing at all. Needless to say I never imagined in my life I would be excited about poop of any kind. But after two weeks of nothing and a monstrous appetite I was extremely relieved. Well I went out to run a couple errands and I come back home to clean her enclosure and could not find anything. What the Heck is happening to her waste?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mightytegu