• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

I'm so excited I have to tell everyone!!

MMRR - jif

5 Year Member
Over the summer months we loaned 2 large rescued Leopard tortoises to a local Wildlife Park. In late September our tortoises, along with 3 Sulcatas, were stolen from the park. The thefts made all of the local news programs and papers and we were hoping that we could recover the torts if the word spread far enough. There were a couple of leads but the State Police were reluctant to follow up on any of them. After a few weeks we gave up hope of recovering the torts.

Following a new lead, the Livonia, Michigan police staged raids on 2 residences yesterday and found them full of stolen animals, from exotic cats to gators, and many birds. Two arrests were made. Today the 2 suspects confessed to the crimes and we found out the tortoises were sold to a woman in Arizona. She is willing to give them back so I just have to figure out how to get them from Arizona to Michigan. I'm just so glad that they've been found!!

Mike

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
That's great! I don't keep any turtles or tortoises, but any rescued herp story is one I'd like to hear. :)

nat

5 Year Member
I am so happy for you. I keep my sulcatas and sometimes redfoots outside for part of the year and people stealing them is my number one concern (which tells you a lot since I have bears, cougars, birds of prey, and dogs in my yard on a regular basis). With all those horror stories going around of people's torts being stolen (or mutilated in Bob the Tortoise's case) it is so good to hear a happy ending!

VARNYARD

Former Admin
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
That is 110% awesome!! It is always great to hear a story that has a happy ending. :)

VARNYARD

Former Admin
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Jif was due back in today, she went to the show Friday, maybe she will update us soon. :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ilovecaimantegus1980