• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Im Rescueing a Alligator Snapper..

Lexi

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
The other day my neighbor asked me if i could take in a Alligator Snapper.... She said that the original owner had it and was moving and told her if she didnt take it he was gonna leave it in then house or kill it(i would love to meet this guy and punch him in the throat)... its about the size of a softball..
I really could use some Info on these guys cause i dont know much on turtles.. Iv owned box turtles and painters befor.. but thats it.

VARNYARD

Former Admin
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
I hope the care sheet I gave you helps.

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.kyherpsoc.org/snappingturtlecare.htm">http://www.kyherpsoc.org/snappingturtlecare.htm</a><!-- m -->

Lexi

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
it did... i saved it so i can read up on it more later on... and when i get it. thank you so much bobby..your a great help with everything!!

AB^

5 Year Member
Lexi said:
I can do that?

I could write a big long article about the con's on a multitude of levels of doing such a thing but I found these 2 words more suitable:

I wouldnt :?

ColdThirst

5 Year Member
Dissapointing, other than the fact it could wipe out the fish population in the pond you released it in, you just got to go to a large one..... Oh wait you can do that here in the South, i dont know about where you are, and you would rather keep him until he bites off the tip of one of your fingers and all your friends call you stump and freak show.

Lexi

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Cold im glad your being so suportive of me rescuing this snapper.

Swtbrat

5 Year Member
I once went fishing <ugg> and caught a snapping turtle.I was so scared I threw the rod and all at it and ran.

I think its really cool you want to rescue the turtle but I am scared for you and thinking your crazy. LOL
crazy.gif

Brat!

dorton

5 Year Member
What size is it? A friend of mine keeps his in koi ponds, and huge agricultural feeding tubs. I love them, I think they are awesome.
I say don't release it too. If it gets too much for you, there are lots of people who would glady take it

<-----I volunteer

DaveDragon

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Swtbrat said:
I once went fishing <ugg> and caught a snapping turtle.I was so scared I threw the rod and all at it and ran.
I was about 6 years old. We were walking on a sand bar and I found a shell the size of my head!! I picked it up and the HUGE snail in side came out. I screamed and threw it in the water!! It still haunts me sometimes!

snakehandler

5 Year Member
i have a snapping turtle at home, theyre very timid and shy, unless you put your finger in the tank. i think alligator turtles make great pets.

playlboi

5 Year Member
good luck with the snapper. there was one here at my local petshop. the thing was huge! pretty crazy. i thought it was fake the first time i saw it. haha. it sat there so still, then i looked into its mouth and saw that the tongue part was moving, trying to attract prey probably. but it was cool though.

aj12790

5 Year Member
Lexi said:
The other day my neighbor asked me if i could take in a Alligator Snapper.... She said that the original owner had it and was moving and told her if she didnt take it he was gonna leave it in then house or kill it(i would love to meet this guy and punch him in the throat)... its about the size of a softball..
I really could use some Info on these guys cause i dont know much on turtles.. Iv owned box turtles and painters befor.. but thats it.
If you can't keep him let me know I have an empty 180 that would be good for a few years.They are real slow growers and I am only about 40 min from kingston

Lexi

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
i do not have him anymore.. My friend took him to Long island..
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://turtlerescues.com/turtle_tortoise_adoptions.htm">http://turtlerescues.com/turtle_tortoise_adoptions.htm</a><!-- m --> this is where he is now.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ilovecaimantegus1980