• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

I love my tegu but I hate him as well

Edgar Perez

I see every where how happy people are with their tegu's and how big they got so fast. And mine is total opposit. 5 months and 17 inches. Won't eat anything unless it's talapia or turkey. Has no food response what so ever and is completely nervousnes around me. I just don't get it and don't understand. I looked up everything I needed to know about tegus for like 3 months strait before I even decided to get him and now I just have a picky tegu that won't grow.

Edgar Perez

And it's not the temps I have his cage at 110 basking/ 98 ambient and 85 cool side. Humidity at 70%... First thing I did as well when I got him was de worm him as well

Edgar Perez

I've offered frozen and live mice. Wax worms, dubia roaches, crickets he will eat but I have to kill them cuz he won't chase them down, beef liver, chicken hearts strawberrys, blue berrys, cooked egg and I know im not suppose to but even tried cat food. He will only eat turkey and talapia

Aardbark

5 Year Member
Sounds exactly like my lizard. She only eats talapia and ground turkey. Its really not good for her health. Take it from me, get your to eat more stuff, even if you have to force feed him. I eventualy got mine to eat kiwi on her own, so maybe try that.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mightytegu