• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

I got pups

Harveysherps

5 Year Member
Well guys I got a litter of 11. All aren't pictured but I will update. They are 3 days old and have had there tails docked. Better pics on the way.
1228239000.jpg

1228239036.jpg

PinkPunisher

5 Year Member
You jerk how could you cut off those poor puppies tails!

Just teasing! :mrgreen: What breed are they? They look really cute :)

Spencer

Harveysherps

5 Year Member
LOL Pink that's what they said. LOL The are mostly American Bulldog with a little Krenshaw Jeep Pit line bred into them. And they show it too. LOL I was hoping it would't but it did. That is a very strong line. LOL

PinkPunisher

5 Year Member
Honestly, I don't mind dogs with cropped tails? I think thats the term...could be docked though. Anyways, as long as its done by a vet or some one who is trained in the area its doesn't bother me. When its done by some guy down the block with a elastic band and a pair of scissors then I get extremely upset...

So yeah LOL I'm not asking how you got it done because well I don't want a arguement to break out over this. If you feel like sharing how you got it down then do so but I'm assuming your smart enough to realize how people will react if it wasn't done properly. I also don't think your the kind of guy who would do something like that though ( getting it done by Joe down the street sorta thing)

Spencer

Harveysherps

5 Year Member
No I done it myself. I have docked hundreds of puppies tails. I use the same thing the vet uses. he got tired of doing all the pups and showed me how to save money. i do it when they are 3 days old. They barely even notice it. I don't do the ears though. The vet does that. But I don't do my dogs ears period. Some like it but not me. I hope this doesn't bother you. But I am being honest.

PinkPunisher

5 Year Member
Harveysherps said:
No I done it myself. I have docked hundreds of puppies tails. I use the same thing the vet uses. he got tired of doing all the pups and showed me how to save money. i do it when they are 3 days old. They barely even notice it. I don't do the ears though. The vet does that. But I don't do my dogs ears period. Some like it but not me. I hope this doesn't bother you. But I am being honest.

At least your honest unlike so many other people... I'm glad to hear that you do it the same way as the vet does. So its not as frustrating but its still bugs me a bit. Like I said though I'm VERY glad to hear that you use the same stuff as the vet.

It's things like where the they wrap a elastic band around tightly and leave it expecting it to just "fall off" same with trying to neuter your own dog. Just a elastic band works...so they seem to think :evil:

EDIT: I hope this doesn't turn into a mud slinging event, I think we're both very capable of handling it in a mature manner. Like for example we can agree to disagree or something. To be honest with you Wes, you seem like a nice guy, you share good info and your a fun person to have on the site so I hope this doesn't turn into a petty fight :) Of course you act younger then your age but who cares? Thats one of the thing I look forward when I grow older... I love how I'm the one saying that though considering I'm 15 LOL I feel like...oh don't even know to describe it, like I'm acting like my parents! :shock: LOL

Spencer

Harveysherps

5 Year Member
PinkPunisher said:
Harveysherps said:

At least your honest unlike so many other people... I'm glad to hear that you do it the same way as the vet does. So its not as frustrating but its still bugs me a bit. Like I said though I'm VERY glad to hear that you use the same stuff as the vet.

It's things like where the they wrap a elastic band around tightly and leave it expecting it to just "fall off" same with trying to neuter your own dog. Just a elastic band works...so they seem to think :evil:

EDIT: I hope this doesn't turn into a mud slinging event, I think we're both very capable of handling it in a mature manner. Like for example we can agree to disagree or something. To be honest with you Wes, you seem like a nice guy, you share good info and your a fun person to have on the site so I hope this doesn't turn into a petty fight :) Of course you act younger then your age but who cares? Thats one of the thing I look forward when I grow older... I love how I'm the one saying that though considering I'm 15 LOL I feel like...oh don't even know to describe it, like I'm acting like my parents! :shock: LOL

Spencer
LOL No fight from me. LOL I don't like the rubber band method either. Thanks for the compliment. I'm older but your only as young as you feel. I feel your age.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erectus