• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

i feel like crying right now

reptastic

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
i dont know what happened, but a fire errupted at my home and i lost everything. i left my house at 2:40 and i went to work, i got a call about an hour later that my house was up in a blaze. i rushed home, but i wasnt allowed in the house, i just got back to the house a little after mid-night and my entire reptile room is gone, all that is left is the rubble. the only animal that i found was my red tegu pyro, and i just broke down. i dont know how im going to deal with this. the fire chief suspects one of the extension cords had gone faulty, but they dont know either. this is very hard for me to have to post. im virtually homeless right now so i decided to just sale the 2 tegus i was planning on getting from bobby. thank you guys for all your help.

RIP

Nero
Gozar
Pyro
Drew
Adonis
Manny
Khaos
Sampson
and
Delilah

you will be dearly missed but never forgotten!

kaa

5 Year Member
Oh my god Chris, I am at a loss for words, I am so sorry to hear that. I wish there was something I could do to help.

Nafun

You have my condolences. My house burnt this january. I was able to get all of my critters out, at the expense of smoke inhalation and severe frost bite (it was like -2 F at the time). I was very lucky, I am sorry that you were not.

reptastic

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
i just dont understand it, i was just feeding every body right before i left. nothing was smoking or anything, and a hour after i get to work i get the phone call, my heart just sank. i really dont know what to do right now, i feel so bad because i just got gozar a week ago, and was raving about how well he was outside with nero just yesterday. it feel like a very bad dream that i just cant wake up from!

kaa

5 Year Member
Accidents happen man. I would think nobody on here would blame you. You give your animals the best care possible, or at least I think you do.

DaveDragon

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
You"ve had some tough luck lately. There's no sense wondering what went wrong, you just have to move on. I think under these circomstances Bobby may give you your deposit back.

Herplings

5 Year Member
It is a Reptiles owner worst nightmare.

I have seen it happen to a lot of people over the years and I have had a few close calls myself.

I am very sorry to hear about that. I hope you get throw it in good time.

Pikey

5 Year Member
god damn man, i'm sorry sorry for your loss. i dont know if i could handle it. I almost lost my to a fire last year myself, but i was lucky someone cal the fire dept. before the fire took & all i lost was some lamps & burnt part of a cage.

chelvis

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
OMG, im so sorry. I' m lost for words right now. I hope you know this is not your fault, we all know how well you take care of your animals and this is just a freak accident that could happen to anyone. Please hold strong.

reptastic

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
thanks everyone for your kind words, im going to need a lot of those to get through this. i went into were my reptile room use to be, it was completely destroyed, i only found the remains of nero my b/w tegu, pyro my red tegu, manny my green iguana and khaos my rhino iguana. that was totally devastating i nearly broke down again, i want to bury them in my back yard but its so hard seeing them like that. i still have 5 other reptiles who bodies are unaccounted for. this is like a kick when im already down, as you know i lost 2 pets about a month ago to a terrible heat wave, now this, i cant handle any more!

Jer723

5 Year Member
Im so sorry dude, you gave your animals the best life possible, and would have gave those two new tegus the best life possible, you were dedicated, you had your own website dedicated to your animals, from what ive heard you are a great person, and i believe it, i hope you can get through this, and hopefully continue your passion of reptiles, i send you my condolences,

Sincerely, Jerry

G

I don't really have adequate words for how deeply this sucks, but I'm sorry for your loss. I know you cared deeply for your reptiles, and gave them the best care you possibly could. This totally isn't your fault. Stay strong, and don't blame yourself for it. It sucks beyond words, but it could have happened to anyone. :(

reptastic

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
thanks, im going to make it through this, especially with you guys words of encouragement, i cant thank you all enough!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeguSteff