• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

I don't currently own Tegus, but that's why I'm here!

Morticia

Hello all!

Recently, I've discovered Tegus and I must say-- I'm enamored.
In the past, I've had just about every kind of pet, though my reptile keeping only extends to a Fat Tailed Gecko, a pair of anoles, and a Red Eared Slider.

Reptiles-- as much as I love them, never gave me the satisfaction of that "pet interaction" like mammals (some) do.

So, I've had many dogs, cats, etc. Currently, I'm housing 7 rats. They're the loves of my life.

BUT, after their time with me has passed, I'm really looking into getting a Tegu. (This will be in 2 years+ time.)

So, I've come here to try and learn all I can about what it takes to own and properly care for a Tegu, and what different colors they come in.

I'm happy to be here, and I'm hope you're all happy to have me! I hope I can learn a lot! Currently, I'm located in Buffalo, New York-- so if anyone knows of any places in my area where I can learn more about Tegus, that would be great. There is one at a local pet store on display, but not for sale...

Anyway, hello everyone!

AP27

Hello, and welcome! :) You've certainly come to the right place to find everything and anything you're looking to find out about tegus. They are amazing animals that can actually fill that 'pet interaction' niche you speak of. Anywho, there are a lot of friendly and knowledgeable people here who will be happy to answer any questions you have.

TeguBuzz

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
There's the argentine black and white tegu, the argentine red tegu, the blue tegu, the Colombian gold tegu, the Colombian black and white tegu, the albino blue tegus (very hard to come by), that's about all that's available in the pet trade. Others that are available are crosses between the tegus listed above, such as a red x blue tegu.

In the wild, there are many other types of tegus, like the yellow tegu, but none of these have become available in the pet trade as of yet, and probably will never be available.

Here's a thread depicting some wild tegus found in South America that cannot be found in the pet trade:

http://www.tegutalk.com/showthread.php?tid=7504#axzz1XOnDhYgs

Blabla, that's about it. Feel free to ask any other questions.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
annettekirtont