• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

How to check on sleeping tegu

Aardbark

5 Year Member
Hello,

I was wondering if anyone had any ideas or techniques on checking a tegu while it hybernates. Without disturbing it. I just want to check if she is alive and ok, but I dont want to bother her.

Or is it ok to maybe dig her up once a month or so?

TeguBuzz

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
It's not ok to dig it up. If you smell rotting flesh, then it's dead. If you don't smell anything, then it's just asleep. I suggest you leave it be, but as for techniques I personally know none because I leave my gu's alone for up to 5-6 months of the year until they come up on their own, nobody "checks" on them in nature.

I'm sure someone on here will be able to give you a few techniques though.

boyd1955

Leave her alone ... She'll wake up and let you know if she wants company ... Just make sure there's water in there in case she does decide to wake up for a drink ... You'll see her if she wants feeding ... But you could harm her and make her like you less if you disturb her after she has gone down

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mightytegu