• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

How much to feed

Dom3rd

5 Year Member
I am just trying to see how much Rex is supposed to be eatting i would say he is 2.5 ft long now. He always eats all that i give him does not seem like he wants more right away but i just want to make sure i am giving him enough...

steve

5 Year Member
speaking for mine... she will gluten herself if i give it to her. the vet said shes way too fat and i suppose part of the problem was the size rats i was giving, and the frequency of feedings

Dom3rd

5 Year Member
I know that if feed to much they will become little piggy's but my question is what is the right or general rule of thumb to be feeding?

k412

5 Year Member
Good question!
I feed my boy as much as he will take within about 20-30 minutes.
I'm curious too though, I know that power feeding is bad for frogs, I would imagine that it would be bad for tegus as well.
Hey Dom! Does James work on Mondays?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ilovecaimantegus1980