• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

how long??

Alane252

Okay i have one more question .... How long Does a tegu normally spend out basking and Wat not when they are brumating im askin because i have my lights on a 15 hour schedule and my comes out around 130 everyday and goes back down around 530 is he in brumation or is this normally tegu hours .... The gus i had went into full hibernation so this brumating Thing is new to me so im just wondering if somethin is wrong or if he is just lazy LOL . Hopefully he is just brumating ... He also is only eating very lil if any

Bubblz Calhoun

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
There is no specific amount of time, like most things it varies for each tegu depending on how long they want or need to be basking. I don't know if you use a timer on your lights or not but you can cut the hours back. Most people follow day light hours then adjust with their tegus accordingly. Right now mine are on a 8/16 hour cycle, 8 hours on 16 off. It starts to get dark here around 4:30 - 5pm and mine are burrowed or in their hides before that

Alane252

Wow Okay that is good to no ... I will fix my timer now ... Thats y i love this site if u dont know something somebody else usually will ... Everyone always has a question every once n awhile and on this site u will get the awnser u need for sure

Kimmie

I saw Cookie doing the same today normaly he eats like a bear 10 shrimps or something like that but today he only ate 3/4 liek nothing I guess he is slowing down he also keep on sleeping on his heat rock :O

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mightytegu