• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

How Long Should She Be Out?

Revereche

I got a baby Argentine recently and it's been wonderful. She's very sweet, though she had given me some scares with not eating at first. Now I've got her at a proper temperature with a timed light, I'm feeding with chopsticks, and she's shed with no issues, so all seems to be all right.

Now, I just need to know -- how long should she be let out to play? I've been letting her out anywhere from a half hour to two (with supervision, of course), though sometimes she'll just crawl beneath or behind something and go to sleep. I don't want to understimulate her, but I don't want to stress myself out giving her more exploration time than she really cares for. How much playtime do you recommend?

Josh

Administrator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
I'd say the amount you're giving her is healthy. Any more and you're cutting into her time to be in her ideal enclosure conditions (humidity, lighting, etc). It really depends on how she's acting/reacting and how much time you have to supervise! :)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fanderson9214