• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Holding my gu?

Tarantu1aMan

5 Year Member
Usually I don't actually hold him by when I do he just walks through my hand LOL should I hold him more firmly b/c I don't want him to fall down.

GOT_TEGUS

5 Year Member
I would hold him. I used to sit on my chair and hold my GUs only a few inches from the ground. GUs feel safe close to the ground. Let the GU to climb on your hands freely. no grabbing. some hatchlings are flighty just keep him moving on your hands. good luck

JD

AWD247

5 Year Member
I used to hold my flighty baby monitors in my bath tub, sounds dumb but what i used to do is put my baby in one of those small plastic portable tanks, you know those ones with the removeable lids and handle over the lil door.. well i'd sit in the tub and remove the top, angle the opening so it can walk out but put your hands at the opening, let it walk on you, dont move, dont grab, just let it walkout on your hand, if it stays in your hands great, but walking on you (learning your scent) will help too, plus it really cant go anywhere but share space with you. Attempt to hold but dont chase or restrict its movement. IDK but its always worked for me.
(might work better with monitors cause of our body heat comforts them while handling, but im sure the process will work with Tegu's)

give it a shot good luck

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mightytegu