• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

hibernation

nawtytegu

I'm new to this site and I have a lot of question about hibernation an on tegu in general let me no if ne one can help. Thanx

Rhetoric

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
What are you questions? You can also try searching keywords in the search box at the top of the page. Welcome to the site!

nawtytegu

I have beardie an a red tegu for my beardie I have a 10.0 uvb and a 100w sun light how can I keep the lamps 8 to 10 inches high or is it ok that there like 6 inches high he has Ben shaking a lil I noticed so I got a new uv today I just hope my set up is ok its a 40 gallon tank I hope its not mbd he is really active so I dnt think its to bad I have Ben stepping up calcium supplement because I didnt no they needed uvb in till recently I bought the desert set from the store and that's what they said I needed but I got my tegu from n.e.r.d so they gave me correct light. He's Ben hibernating for about 3 weeks I turnd off his lights but heating pad is on how can I get him up lol and is it ok that I turnd his lights off?

james.w

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Your post is a bit confusing..

Are you asking about your beardie or your tegu?

nawtytegu

I'm asking about both, on my beardie the uv is 6 inches away is that.ok its 10.0 an how can I get my tegu up an is it ok that his lights are off?

Rhetoric

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Do you have any pictures of your set ups? If you have things like branches to elevate a basking spot you can try lowering it or removing it. What are your temps? What are you using to measure your temps? How old are the bulbs you were using?

nawtytegu

His basking is at about 95 humidity 30 I put a nother cage top underneath the lights so it gave another inch or so. He seems to like it I'm goen to givm a few more days to c how much of an improvement he makes see if he stops shaking completely I just noticed he'd Ben doen that. My tegu is still sleepnn hasn't come up for food or water in 3 weeks he'd been hibernation for about a month now an he came out to feed a week in. Can I get him up ne way or do I wait till he's redy? Also he's about a foot 3 inches I have Ben thinkn of gettn a 9o gallon tank he's in a 40 now is it time?

james.w

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
If your tegu is hibernating, leave him alone. Just shut off your lights and any heat source and let him sleep. Just make sure fresh water is always available in case he decides to get up for a drink.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mightytegu