• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Hibernation

Progrmor

It´s getting nearer to winter. It´s the first year I own a tegu and I got some questions about her hibernation.

At the moment Im keeping a 110 baskingspot with an ambient temp of 80. She is eating enormous amonts everyday still.
Should I just cut off feeding although she still is willing to eat? And what about the temps? Cut down on them? And how much? Is it necessery to keep an UVB bulb during winter aswell? Or does a regular 40w bulb do the trick?

Thanks in advance!

SamBobCat

Honestly I wouldn't change anything. I know most people get very sad when they can't see their tegus for about six months lol

I wouldn't have her go into hibernation unless she puts herself into it. Does that make sense?

The most Tegus will show signs of pre hibernation like they sleep alot, and stop eating.
But again its not winter yet ;) So maybe wait a little before you start "Forcing" things, some people dont Hibernate their tegus, but i would strongly rocomend to do so :tegu:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erectus