• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Hibernation

Tegudude88

Hey guys my tegus growth has been slowing down a lot and I have to wake him up everyday otherwise he'll stay buried in his mulch should I just turn down his temps and let him hibernate?

Tegudude88

That's true it's just guna suck not being able to see him for a couple months

Should I keep turning his lights on or just shut them off completely?

Diablo

5 Year Member
leave them on until he has been down for about 5-7 days straight. then leave them off. It sucks not seeing them but take it like this, you don't have to buy food, you don't have to keep the lights on which saves on electricity, and they get to be happy. Seems like a good deal to me. I miss my little guy but I take solace in the fact that he is happy which makes me happy.

james.w

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Like Diablo said, keep running them like normal until you notice he hasn't come out for a week or so. Make sure to keep fresh water available at all time though.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlifKat