• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Hey tortoise keepers

ihatehumans

5 Year Member
anyone out their keep red foots? If so, could you post pictures of enclosures and tell me how to breed them? Thanks.

Reflektr

5 Year Member
*Bump* I was wondering myself... They seem pretty cool. Just wondering what experiences people have had with them?

The captain

5 Year Member
I kept one for about two years. They are great but take a little more commitment than most torts. I know nothing about breeding them. They seem to need a weeklong feeding regimen. I would feed:
Mon- leafy greens
tues- greens
wed- fruit
thurs- greens
fri- greens
saturday- fruit
Sunday- protien (purina pro plan catfood)

Here are some pics of when he was little. Let me know.
Picture528.jpg

Picture543.jpg

Reflektr

5 Year Member
Awesome! That's a good looking tortoise right there. Baby tortoises are adorable, and the red foot is one of my favs. I know I eventually would love to keep a tortoise, but am still hashing over which type I'd like to have as a companion - As it will more than likely be around as long as I will...Especially if my lady decides she wants to off-me for having a house full of reptiles lol! j/k.

I'm really liking the Russian tortoise and the Hermann's tortoise, as I live in IL, and they'll more than likely be shacking up with me during the 6 months of cooler temps we have here. Burmese mountains are my favorite, but keeping one happy and healthy in IL would unfortunately be next to impossible because of the size they reach.

The maintenance and feeding ritual doesn't bother me at all. I love fixing up grub for my herps and spending time around them. May sound weird, but I think it's like the most relaxing portion of my day lol.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erectus