• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Help!!! :/

booyea797

So likening have been saying thinking my gu is hibernating I've seen he comes out heats up jumps around we try to feed him he barley eats and come to c he hasn't pooped in awhile I'm scared for my little guy any suggestions

kellen.watkins

Need a bit more info, what's your temps (ambients and basking), gu size, tank size, substrate, and fed inside or outside of the enclosure?

Rhetoric

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
We'll need more info on housing. Whens the last time its pooped? Did you recently get him?

booyea797

Well humidity jumps all day I spray it and fog it daily but when I'm at work its about 50 % temps 80 105 he has a mix of cypress and coco husk

kellen.watkins

Well if he is getting to big for his enclosure that might be the reason he is jumping around that could be his way of saying "I need more space" if fed inside the enclosure it could be possible a little impaction is going on, what I would recommend is raising the basking spot or lowering the bulb whichever is easier, also try giving him a soak in lukewarn water see if that helps, if no gu-poo comes out in the next couple das a vet visit might be in order, also sometimes I don't get to feed mine when they want me too so they throw substrate everywhere and their poo gets buried at times

booyea797

But hes a extreme from this year so hes not big and hes in a 40 breeder right now I'm waiting to start building his cage

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlifKat