• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

help!!!!!!!!

TEGU_JAKE

5 Year Member
I NEED SOME HELP. THIS MORNING I WENT TO CLEAN OUT MY RETICS CAGE AND TOOK A LOOK AT HER AND FELT MY HEART STOP. HER SKIN IS VERY WRINKLY! IT LOOKS TERRIBLE I THINK SOMETHING COULD BE VERY WRONG HERE. SOMEONE HELP ME OUT AND INFORM ME ON HOW TO CURE IT!!!

Leonidas21

5 Year Member
Just to inform you this is a tegu forum, and I don't think there is enough information or pictures that could even help your situation.

TehPenguin

5 Year Member
Just to inform you this is a tegu forum

I think he knows that, hence posting in the "Boids and Pythonidae" section.

But your right on the information part, sure he isn't just about to shed? I wouldn't know though, I'm not into snakes...

Red Earth Exotics

5 Year Member
Take your retic and soak it. It is about to shed and is dehydrated. The humidity is probably too low in it's cage. Soak it is luke warm water for about ten minutes a day for the next few days, or until it sheds. It will more than likely have a bad shed, so you will probably have to help it shed. If you haven't done this before, it's easy. Just soak it again and GENTLY run your fingers along the snakes body to help take the skin off. Do not force the skin to come off. If it doesn't want to come off easilly, leave it alone and try it the next day and so on.

Your retic will more than likely be fine, just get the humidity up to about 60% or so and get it a water dish it can soak in when it needs to.

P.S. there are plenty of people on here with knowledge and experience with all sorts of different reptiles. ALL QUESTIONS WELCOME!! Someone on here will be able to help!

TEGU_JAKE

5 Year Member
she is about 2.5 feet and bout a few months old ill put some pics up tomorrow ill barrow my buddys camera ill post them up here

Mvskokee

5 Year Member
Leonidas21 said:
Just to inform you this is a tegu forum, and I don't think there is enough information or pictures that could even help your situation.

I think its pretty obvious this is a tegu forum. Im sure plenty of us have kept plenty of herps besides tegus hence the other forum topics. Redearth told you exactly right jake. hope all goes well for you.

Jer723

5 Year Member
this happened to my kingsnake, it should get better after a soak. i was very worried also, just keep giving frequent soaks and keep a good eye on him. oh just realized its better. good! lol

TEGU_JAKE

5 Year Member
i know they do its just my retic looked sick but wasnt acting like it lol it got super skinny out of no where and i didnt know what happened

GOT_TEGUS

5 Year Member
tegu-jake I would soak the retic in a luke warm bath. sounds like a bad shed soaking will help the old skin come off lol homer snakes shed lol

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mightytegu