• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Help with Shedding!

Aubsybobsy5520

Hi! My tegu has been having a very hard time shedding his tail. He also keeps getting cuts on his tail and it might be from the shed getting too tight on his tail. I really need help getting the shed off him because I'm scared it will suffocate his tail because it's already digging into his tail. It's been stuck for at least a month. And it keeps getting worse. I have tried so many things different shedding sprays, rubbing gently, bathing, vitamins, and upping the humidity. It won't come off.

Johnny444

Repetitive warm soaks help my female red with he tail shed. Her problem was she just came out of brumation after over 4 months and her enclosure was on the dry side. Causing shedding issues

rsbenedict

What's your constant humidity? Is it going up and down or is it constant. It needs to be 70% or above. The higher the better. You can also keep a humid hide by putting the hide under the basking spot, fill it with sphagnum moss moistened in water. I mist that moss once or twice a week.

9x out of 10, the reason for poor shedding is environmental humidity.

On top of those, soaking two or three times a week in a bathtub of 95-100 degrees water.

You can also rub mineral oil on the areas that are stuck.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ilovecaimantegus1980