• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Help - One B/W in Hiberation; One Not!

carcharios

5 Year Member
I purchased what I suspect is a wild caught B/W from PETCO and adopted a larger female a month later, which is very active. The juvi from PETCO is constantly sleeping under the mulch and is clearly in hibernation mode but the female I adopted is very active.

Here is my dilemma; the adopted female is twice the size of my juvenile and I would really like to get them similar in size so that I can put them both on the sunporch (the juvi is currently in a 40 gallon inside). But how can I get the juvi to grow when it's constantly sleeping? Meanwhile, Freida, my adopted B/W continues to eat and grow.

Has anyone had any success with this sort of issue before? How do you "awaken" a B/W in hibernation mode. Clearly, the juvi is not on the same internal clock as my adopted female.

Carcharios

carcharios

5 Year Member
Geez, nothing on this topic of waking up a hibernating Tegu? Thought someone else out there would have experienced this problem...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mightytegu