• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

help me set up lighting in my vision tank? pretty please?

kparker

5 Year Member
I got a vision tank that I want to set up for an Argentine Tegu baby. The tank is the V332 Vision Cage with extra vent , size: 36" x 28" x 18". I know it won't last forever, but it was a really good deal so I'll use it while the little guy is still little. My quesiton is, how should I heat and light this thing? The guy I bought it from told me I can't use anything higher than 75watts or I'll melt the plastic, is that true? What could I use for UVA/UVB lighting? What should I use for a heat source? Any suggestions you guys could give me would be greatly appreciated. I want to get the setup going and stable before I purchase my tegu.

Should I use a regular heat lamp in the spot that heat lamps go and then velco some florescent fixtures to the back where the screen vents are? Any inpuw would be appreciated.

Khody

5 Year Member
I have one of the same cages, to house my albino burm though. I use a 100watt spot bulb in a mini dome, and i have the extra light vent to the left of the dome light spot on my cage, and i use a 18in fluorescent bulb there, just to keep everything lit up nice. keeps the one side of the cage at about 90 deg + and the other corner in the low 80s

kparker

5 Year Member
So a 100 watt bulb won't melt the plastic? The guy I got the cage from said 75 watts max, but I haven't been able to find anything online about Vision cages and bulb max levels. If a 100 watt bulb won't melt the plastic then I could just use a 100 watt MVB, like the Zoo Med 100 watt Powersun UVB heat bulbs and I'd be all set right? Or If I used a spot bulb and ran a florescent strip across the vents, would that be enough exposure to uvb/uva lighting? What strength uvb/uva should I use, I've seen 2.0, 5.0 and 10.0's. I was guessing the 10.0's? Again, anything you guys can tell me would be greatly appreciated.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DoritoDan