• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

HELP! ADVICE!

Crusher08

5 Year Member
Well, I just bought my new baby Columbian Gold Tegu last Sunday, and he is eating like a champ! He's eating small portions of ground turkey, sliced up hard boiled egg, sometimes he will eats kale... He isn't eating his worms, or his crickets really since we've started him on the egg and turkey. But now I am worried that he isn't pooping it out. =( I've seen little turds in there once in awhile; but his belly is still very plump, and I do not see any poops in his cage at all. Does anyone have any helpful advice? Do you think that soaking him in luke warm water would help him? :fc

Crusher08

5 Year Member
basking temp is 94, mid tank is 87, and his cool side is 80. He pooped a little while ago, but still not sure if he's pooping enough... he still looks like a fatty. I don't think I'm over feeding him. He gets very small portions, and variety, and he gets fed twice a day. o_O;

Crusher08

5 Year Member
At least though he is pooping. Maybe I'm just being paranoid, and use to my big boys' crap, and not use to the little guy?

Dvdh1

5 Year Member
I have a Colombian also. They don't poop like the Argentines do. Lol! It's a little bit every day or every other day. My argentine poops like rotweiler daily

Crusher08

5 Year Member
Dvdh1 said:
I have a Colombian also. They don't poop like the Argentines do. Lol! It's a little bit every day or every other day. My argentine poops like rotweiler daily
:rofl

Sweet, so I am just being paranoid. Haha. I just worry too much I guess! But, can't help it! xD

Dvdh1

5 Year Member
Crusher08 said:
Dvdh1 said:
:rofl

Sweet, so I am just being paranoid. Haha. I just worry too much I guess! But, can't help it! xD

I don't blame you. You want to make sure everything is right. I have 2 or 3 temp/humidity gauges in each enclosure. I have my temp gun. We do and watch to make sure everything is as best as it can be for our pets.
As far as I know, everything is normal with the smaller amount of poop from the Colombian. Lol!

Crusher08

5 Year Member
Dvdh1 said:
I don't blame you. You want to make sure everything is right. I have 2 or 3 temp/humidity gauges in each enclosure. I have my temp gun. We do and watch to make sure everything is as best as it can be for our pets.
As far as I know, everything is normal with the smaller amount of poop from the Colombian. Lol!

It is a very big difference from my Argentine when he was a baby. Lol Crush's poop is bad lol! But thank you so much! I feel a lot better knowing I'm freaking out over normal lol. Sheesh Well, at least I know now what to do in case he does stop pooping.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erectus