• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Hello

muskrat24

Hello all. My names Luke, and just thought I'd introduce myself. I've been keeping herps for 5 years or so, and have always dreamed of having a large lizard. I've been soaking up as much as possible ever since I've started keeping herps. Well a couple days ago I took the plunge into large lizard ownership and got a Columbian Tegu. Don't know the exact age of her but she is roughly 8" long and her (i'm assuming) names Nidhogg. While she is currently in a 29 soon to be 40 gallon aquarium I'm also in the process of getting her adult caging ready. I'm sure I'll be posting pictures of that fiasco when I start building. Its more or less in the planning stages.

P1010033-1.jpg

I hope to learn even more and share some of my experiances with all of you. Thank you for your time.

Luke

Compnerd7

Welcome to the boards Luke! You sure took a bold move starting with a Colombian but she is beautiful! And she seems pretty chill in your hand there. I look forward to seeing her grow up:) Feel free to ask any questions, none will be over looked on this board and you will get some of the best info available. Good luck with your new Tegu!

muskrat24

Not gonna lie it was kinda spur of the moment. I seen this little columbian for sale and she caught my eye. I've had her for a couple days and she seemed pretty chill until today lol Spazzed out when I tried petting her. From what i've read I'm destined for a long and intersting time taming her. But from also what I've read here I'm glad I got such a small one. It gives her and myself plenty of time to getting use to eachother. And thank you I'm sure I'll have plenty of questions.

Compnerd7

muskrat24 said:
Not gonna lie it was kinda spur of the moment. I seen this little columbian for sale and she caught my eye. I've had her for a couple days and she seemed pretty chill until today lol Spazzed out when I tried petting her. From what i've read I'm destined for a long and intersting time taming her. But from also what I've read here I'm glad I got such a small one. It gives her and myself plenty of time to getting use to eachother. And thank you I'm sure I'll have plenty of questions.

Hahaha, well good thing you are up for the task. You'll find that Tegus are pretty awesome companions to have. A gold will be the next Tegu I get, even though I like the larger sized Tegus, I love the coloration of the golds.

muskrat24

I do have one question though. Is it nutricially beneficial to feed a tegu venison/deer meat. From what I've read it is fine feeding them ground turkey, chicken gizzards, etc. But what about deer?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
annettekirtont