• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Hello tegutalk

TeguBuzz

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Hey everyone,

It's about time I joined this site. Let me start by introducing myself. My name is Manolis, and I'm half Greek half Turkish. Ive lived in Texas since I was 3 years old, and I'm 25 going on 26 now. I've had a great love for reptiles since I was a kid. My collection is comprised of 5 tegus, 4 of which are argentine red tegus, and one of which is an argentine b/w. 4/5 of the tegus live in my backyard in their own enclosures based off of Bobby Hills design. The one that lives inside is only 2 months old, so he's got a good while before he gets to live outside. My oldest tegu is Bruce my b/w, then comes Buzz, then Camille and Tinka, and finally, Woody, my newest addition.

I've also got a female American alligator named Babe, who was my first large reptile (really my dads but I take care of her nowadays), Perkele my male crocodile monitor, and Finn, my male Blackthroat monitor. These 3 live on my ranch, which is about 2 hours from where I live. Babe has her own small scaled natural pond/lake to live in, and she's in a closed off space. The monitors live in a large barn, separated from one another. I visit them almost every weekend or whenever I go hog hunting. The rest of the time, they're fed by our friends who live in the area.

That's about it, I'll be posting pics of Babe this coming weekend if she hasn't dug her self for the day. If you've got any comments or questions, shoot em.

- Manolis

james.w

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Welcome and like I already said I can't wait to see the gator and monitors.

TeguBuzz

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Come Sunday the pics will be up. Babe's calmer than any of the monitors so I'll get some close ups of her. Patience!

TeguBuzz

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Steven. said:
Wait. Did you say your alligator is calmer than your monitors?... Now thats crazy...

That's exactly what I said. I've had her for almost 11 years, she's a nasty one when she's in the miniature lake/pond we got in her pen, but as soon as she's out of there, we put her on a leash, scratch her all over. She's hand fed, and doesn't mind being touched on the snout or under her jaw.

My black throat monitor is also tame. But when it comes to the croc monitor, he's as unpredictable as can be. Got attacked by him before while I was changing his water, ended up in the emergency room, left with 62 stitches and 5 staples. I'll consider posting pics of that in a separate thread which will explain why people should really consider whether or not they want a croc monitor, and what WILL happen if they are to get one-your bound to get attacked one day; they're the Velociraptor of present day.

Logie_Bear

Wow, that's a crazy collection! Sounds like you have a very cool ranch there. :D I can't wait to see pics of your gator. Do you know how old she is?

TeguBuzz

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
She's about 12 years old, got her whennshe was around 2. I'll be on the ranch early in the morning tomorrow, pics will be posted Sunday when I get back home.

Sirhc401

Hi there! :)

I have to acknowledge your bravery for having an American alligator and a crocodile monitor. Those are some dangerous reptiles right there.

TeguBuzz

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
james.w said:
Where's the pictures?

Thought I'd have them up by now but haven't had the time to sort through the photos on my camera. Been busy lately and this will be the first time I post pics of anything on a forum. I'm going to put them up in a separate thread as soon as I get the chance. Currently getting my masters and I'm on campus atm.

You'll see them when they're up.

james.w

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
TeguBuzz said:
james.w said:
Where's the pictures?

Thought I'd have them up by now but haven't had the time to sort through the photos on my camera. Been busy lately and this will be the first time I post pics of anything on a forum. I'm going to put them up in a separate thread as soon as I get the chance. Currently getting my masters and I'm on campus atm.

You'll see them when they're up.

Sounds good.

TeguBuzz

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Sirhc401 said:
Hi there! :)

I have to acknowledge your bravery for having an American alligator and a crocodile monitor. Those are some dangerous reptiles right there.

Thanks. The gator for the most part was raised by dad but for the past few years I've been her primary caretaker. The crocodile monitor is by far my biggest regret when it comes to owning any reptile. But I deal with it, it's not something you can just get rid of. I am however looking into starting a python collection, have 0 snakes as of now.

TeguBuzz

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
james.w said:
How big is the croc, I know someone looking for one.

He's roughly 6 ft, might be slightly larger. He's got a slight tail nip, bout an inch off. Not too sure I'm looking sell though, I'd have to think about it. Toss me a PM either way though.

james.w

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Just let me know if you decide to sell and how much. I'll pass the info along.

TeguBuzz

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
james.w said:
Just let me know if you decide to sell and how much. I'll pass the info along.

Will do. If I decide to pass him to another owner, it'll be free of charge, just would need to know that it's going to a well set up and appropriate enclosure. Your friend would only need to instruct me on what I ship the croc in and how I'd do it. The shipping fee is about all he/she would have to pay for. I'll let you know by Monday.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pags1029