• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Hello from Southern California!

G

Hello everyone my name is Michael and although I am new to tegu's I have a lot of experience of different reptiles in general. Right now in my possetion i have:

5.2 Furcifer Paradalis (Panther Chameleon)
Locales include: RB Ambilobe, Ambanja, Nosy be, Nosy Mitsio

1.0 Chamaeleo jacksonii jacksonii (Mt. Kenya Jacksons Chameleon)

1.1 Chamaeleo Melleri (Meller's Chameleon)

1.0 Green Tree Python
Locale: Sorong

Anyway, I have always been interested in tegus and my favorite sub- species is the blues. Before I would even begin to think about buying one, I want to have his adult cage built and ready. So my question is, considering blues are smaller, what is a good enclosure size for an adult male?

Thanks,
-Michael Ryan

G

montana said:
What is the green tree python like to care for ??

Not too bad.. most of his setup is auto. He has a proportional thermostat and Mistking which basically takes care of his temps. and humidity. I only have to worry about feeding and cleaning his enclosure. Feeding this species is a bit tricky because it is easy to overfeed them. If you do happen to overfeed a GTP it will lead to impaction and kill it. But otherwise they are a great herp and the sorongs are pretty tame, especially compared to the biak locale.

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlifKat