• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

hello from NYC Blue question

uwanaknome

5 Year Member
I want to get a Blue Tegu but have heard they dont make as good a pet as the B&W or Red. Please give me your opinion.

Also where is the best place to get a Blue?
There is a Reptile Expo coming up soon and I was thinking about getting one there.

Thanks for the help!
Cory

Turbine

5 Year Member
I am by no means an expert on tegus or blue tegus but I can tell you this.
I have a 1 year old rescued blue male and a 6 month old b&w female.
My blue which as far as I can tell had a horrible first year is one of the nicest and most friendly animals I have ever owned. He makes my b&w look like a nightmare.
He has never attempted to bite or tail whip and when free roaming, will follow me around the room.

So as far as my little experience goes, I believe they make wonderful pets.
Oh and they are stunningly gorgeous animals.

Justin

Turbine

5 Year Member
As for a breeder to get one from, I would suggest DaveDragon. I did not get my blue from him. (he's a rescue) But he took the time to answer a lot of my questions. He seems like a great guy.

Justin

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erectus