• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Hello from Europe

Gedy

Hello !

Some of you might know me from the post in heating my tegu enclosure but im Gedy and I just bought home my firts tegu :)
He/she ( don't know yet) is a beautiful young argentina B&W and I namend him Spunky

He went straight to his hiding spot when i first placed him in his enclosure, but after 2hours he already came out to bask. I have even fed him 4 dusted crickets and a few worms :p guess he is going to be one fat baby !

From my researge I was kind of expecting to not see him for at least a couple of days... is it a bad sign if he is exploring this quick ?could he be discomforted by his house and just trying to find a way out ?

Anyway, here is a picture :)

Attachments

• SDC11223.JPG
    SDC11223.JPG
    4.9 MB · Views: 2

slideaboot

5 Year Member
Congrats on the new tegu! Everybody's experience with tegus is different--just as every tegu is different. Some are tame right out of the box. Some hide for a couple weeks before they start feeling comfortable enough to explore. I wouldn't think too much of it and enjoy the tegu.

Rhetoric

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
So cute! Congrats! I love when they have the green heads, I miss it :'(

And no its not a bad sign, Guru never hid, he went right into his adult sized enclosure as a 10 inch lizard. He was all over the place. I think its more common for them to hide and be cautious than not.

Gedy

ok, then :) Now he is hidden bfor the last 8 hours or so, so he found himself a digging spot I guess.
I love his baby color aswell, im so curious what he is going to look like when he grows up !

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pags1029