• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Hello! And a brumation question.

ScratchedTeflon

Hi everyone!

I am a new tegu owner, he is my only reptile at the moment. 3 month old high black male from rose city reptiles.

I have some questions about brumation. He was hiding/sleeping for about a week so I reduced light cycles gradually to 8 hours a day and stopped feed, but it appears he wants to eat and is out basking again every day. Shall I continue feeding?

B4CD8D34-A88C-40BF-A072-CE027AA99598.jpeg

LunaTeguna

Hello, Scratched Teflon! I am new to this site, but I have a 3 month old back and white tegu from Rose City Reptiles as well! I just thought the coincidence was funny, so I wanted to reach out and say ”hi”.

ScratchedTeflon

Hey guys since I did not really get any information on my question, I’ve decided to let my tegu make the choice himself, and he has chosen to eat and bask rather than brumate. Rose city reptiles claims that most baby tegus don’t brumate their first year anyways so I’m just rolling with that. If he brumates he brumates, if he doesn’t, he doesn’t. Seeing him lose weight and continue to bask seemed like the wrong move. Please advise.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ilovecaimantegus1980