• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Hello all!

sherthisisit

Hey folks,

Im Derek. After a handful of geckos, four snakes and two beardies I finally took the plunge and went for my dream pet, a yearling argentine black and white :)
He/she hasn't got a name yet, but I have to say it has the most wonderful patient temperament I've ever seen! For me, at least, all of the horror stories are completely unfounded :)
My tegu lives in a custom-built 6'x3'x3' vivarium with plenty to do in it, all of which I will upload photos of soon.

I look forward to sharing stories, questions, answers and memories with all of you!!

Derek

toxxxickitten

sherthisisit said:
Hey folks,

Im Derek. After a handful of geckos, four snakes and two beardies I finally took the plunge and went for my dream pet, a yearling argentine black and white :)
He/she hasn't got a name yet, but I have to say it has the most wonderful patient temperament I've ever seen! For me, at least, all of the horror stories are completely unfounded :)
My tegu lives in a custom-built 6'x3'x3' vivarium with plenty to do in it, all of which I will upload photos of soon.

I look forward to sharing stories, questions, answers and memories with all of you!!

Derek

Welcome to Tegu Talk! :D

sherthisisit

thanks for the many replies! tegu is not eating fantastically well, and spends most of its time burrowed but I expected this while it settles in. Ive attached acouple of photos of my tegu and its (still under construction) home :)

[attachment=3295]
[attachment=3296]
[attachment=3297]

Attachments

• DSC_0575.jpg
    DSC_0575.jpg
    296.6 KB · Views: 3
  • DSC_0429-1.jpg
    DSC_0429-1.jpg
    165.9 KB · Views: 3
  • DSC_0423-1.jpg
    DSC_0423-1.jpg
    172.6 KB · Views: 19

Bubblz Calhoun

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Welcome to :) the site congratulations on the new addition.
Who or where did you get your tegu from? Was it sold to you as a B&W or is there any history behind it? Because that's a Blue tegu not B&W.

sherthisisit

Bubblz Calhoun said:
Who or where did you get your tegu from? Was it sold to you as a B&W or is there any history behind it? Because that's a Blue tegu not B&W.

:O Really?? How can you tell? I got it from probably the most reputable reptile seller in Ireland, a place called Reptile Haven in Dublin. As far as history goes Im told it was bred in Germany, is 4-6 months old and is datachipped :)
sherthisisit said:
Bubblz Calhoun said:

:O Really?? How can you tell? I got it from probably the most reputable reptile seller in Ireland, a place called Reptile Haven in Dublin. As far as history goes Im told it was bred in Germany, is 4-6 months old and is datachipped :)

EDIT: Just did some research there and read about the singe mark, I never knew! Still a noob in the tegu world I guess haha!

Bubblz Calhoun

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Blue traits that I see,.. Burnt nose, tear drop and speckles on the legs. She looks a little under weight but that could just be the angle and pics. If fed properly that will change in time. Can you post better (full body) pics?

sherthisisit

Bubblz Calhoun said:
Blue traits that I see,.. Burnt nose, tear drop and speckles on the legs. She looks a little under weight but that could just be the angle and pics. If fed properly that will change in time. Can you post better (full body) pics?

I will indeed once I get the time, and thank you again for enlightening me!! So are the blues still rare, or are they more commonplace now? Have they been officially classified as tupinambis merianae, or something else?

D

Bubblz Calhoun

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Not a problem :) it helps to know what you have. Even though I for sure know it's' a blue a full body pic when ever you get a chance would verify. Nothing has changed on the classification front as far as I know. They're still a little harder to find for sale than other tegus. But it's that time of year so hopefully we'll start to see a few more clutches any time now.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pags1029