• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Having issues getting My CB&W out of it's cage for feeding

p4r4d0x42

So here is a previous thread that I had about feeding.
<!-- l --><a class="postlink-local" href="http://www.tegutalk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=6780" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">viewtopic.php?t=6780</a><!-- l -->

I have been taking the above approach and just waiting until he appears before i try to take him out to feed him. Days could go by and I won't see it. When he is up and active he want's nothing to do with being picked up. I have purchased some decent gloves that are leather padded. Today when I went to take him out of his home I used the technique that was linked in the taming the beast thread her on tegutalk. He didn't like it and bit my fingers several times. I have been bit only once before by him and then bought my gloves as repeated bites would not be a fun thing. Anyways, I did manage after a fashion to get him from his tank and into the feeding bin. It was not a nice process. Now he is in there but doesn't want to eat anything. i did get him to eat a cricket but but he does not seem interested in the others and I also provided raw turkey/scrambled egg mix that he usually eats and still no dice. What am I doing wrong? I want him to be happy and I want to be able to tame him but it doesn't seem like he wants anything to do with me. Also it's been 6 days since he last ate and he was eating good then. Still huffy and puffy though.

He is about 3 months old and i have only had him a few weeks

Any help would be ...helpful

themedic

man i have 2 of them, one is cool as hell. lets me pick her up, put on my shoulder, pet on the back, and lets me carry her everywhere, the other one...

he doesnt even let me look at him he gets hella spooked and just tries to run away and hide. all i can say is just keep trying, dont stress the tegu out, just kinda leave it alone. the worst thing you can do is over stress it and force it to be picked up when it doesnt want to be, once it figures your not trying to eat it, it will chill out.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
It’s_me