• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Happy birthday Darwin!!!

Mr2dude

So today is my columbian tegu's 1rst birthday. I decided I would join the forum as celebration. I've been lurking in the shadows for a while lol. So my Darwin was 2 months old when I got him and he was almost at the 6 inch mark. He is now almost 3 feet long and still growing!!! When I got Darwin the pet shop warned me that these are aggressive and recommended a bts or beardie instead. I've heard this a lot about this species, but I don't understand why they have the bad rep... He's more tame than my cats!!!
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

Josh

Administrator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Woo hooo Darwin! Congrats on 1 yr and welcome to the TeguTalk forum! Glad you've finally decided to join us! ;) :)
Would love to see some more photos of Darwin in our media gallery as well!

zfro

I'm so glad to hear that you have cats with him. How long did it take for them to get used to each other ?

Mr2dude

I'm so glad to hear that you have cats with him. How long did it take for them to get used to each other ?
They actually don't interact... We had Darwin escape once and found him in the bathroom cornered by the cats, whipping at them. Thank god he wasn't hurt or anything. I think the cats were just curious, but I wouldn't want to chance it.

Last edited:

zfro

That's how my cats are with him they are pretty curious but don't really touch him. One of my cats his at another cat because they were getting close to my tegu (vader)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ilovecaimantegus1980