• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

growing up too fast!!!!

reptastic

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
all of my tegus seem to be growing at a fast rate,and i have no idea why lol! this is a thread im creating to show pics of them when i first got them and now. and i expect them to grow even more since they are all woke eating eveyday! here i go enjoy!

Nero:
day 1 14" stl (8/11/2009)
babynero2.jpg

now 35" stl (not including the missing tail)
s0.jpg

Achilles:
day 1 17" stl (12/16/2009)
achillesw.jpg

now 27" stl
s9.jpg

Pyro:
day 1 14" stl (3/3/2010)
d26.jpg

now 17" stl
IMAG0252.jpg

Meg90

5 Year Member
Nero just boggles me. I mean, is it healthy for him to be that size? They are only 9 months old----It just seems like it would be unhealthy to be so large, so young.

They are all beautiful animals though! You are gonna have your hands full this time next year!

reptastic

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
KSTAR said:
All I can say is keep up the good work :lol: ...how did Nero lose his tail?

thanks! nero lost his tail when my room-mate went into my reptile room, nero tried to get out he grabbed her by the tail, she freaked out and dropped it.

Meg90 said:
Nero just boggles me. I mean, is it healthy for him to be that size? They are only 9 months old----It just seems like it would be unhealthy to be so large, so young.

They are all beautiful animals though! You are gonna have your hands full this time next year!

i have been wondering the samething, i mean i can see her being 4' at a year but at 6-8 months old, i guess its a tegu thing! and thanks, i know lol i just have to deal with it. i sure hope they hibernate this winter otherwise ill really have my hands full!

Adam87

5 Year Member
i know what u mean reptastic here i got buddy at the end of feb from bobby he was only 15" now hes 22" its crazy

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
It’s_me