• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

getting worried! Help

bond219

5 Year Member
She will eat absolutely nothing if we put the Calcium on the food. She is eating mealy worms, krickets, and has eaten her first pinky; of which she will be getting again this week. She will only eat any kind of fruit or veggi, or even eggs if we don't put the calcium on it. I know you say just keep trying, but literally she didn't eat for 2 weeks and then one day we forgot to put the calcium on the food and she ate. What should we do? She seems healthy~ putting on weight and the base of her tail is still pretty fat, and seems to be getting slightly bigger; do we have anything to worry about?

Anthony

5 Year Member
from what imn told calcium added just once a week is fine... i dont think bobby even gives his adults any supplements.... rodents twice a week provide calcium and make sure u have a good light source

Meg90

5 Year Member
Maybe try a different brand. I got a little tortoise and she refused to touch her greens with the calcium dust I was using. I asked the breeder what brand he used, and went out and bought that, and she ate it no problem. Maybe you are putting on too much?

AWD247

5 Year Member
Something that works for me is, for example: when feeding turkey I mix the cod oil and c-powder all in it, in a way its kinda hidden but still in there, your GU might not like the fact that its just sprinkled on, (kinda like dirty/tainted food) try mixing it in.

bond219

5 Year Member
thanx for the advice! I mixed it with the turkey liver and cod oil and she ate it not so worried anymore. Thanx again!!!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
It’s_me