• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

getting used to strangers

Gedy

Today was a verry weird and scary day for me :(

I was doing my homework on my pc with Spunky hanging around like he always does when I study.
I Tegu-proofed the entire room months ago, and never had a problem with him escaping or anything.

He lay on my shirt on the floor when my roommate came into the door and he totaly freaked out. I don't know why he does that, because he has always been very calm towards me , even when he was just a baby.
She was with me when we picked him up from the store and she feeds him when I'm away, so she isn't a complete stranger.

But when he freaked out, he squeezed himself between my cabinet and the wall. I send my roommate away and waited for him to came out, but he seemed to be stuck. I was worried sick that he might hurt himself.
We had to remove the whole cabinet.
I feel like the worsed tegu-mom ever, I should have known that he was able to fit in there.
Im not sure if he will trust me again, I never saw him so scared :(

Bubblz Calhoun

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
He'll get over it :) he was startled so fight or flight kicked in and he chose flight. When that happens they'll go where ever is necessary to get away. I'm sure he had that spot picked out just in case for quite some time and it came in handy like he thought.

If and when there's a way out it's usually just a matter of time before they find and exploit it. Just fix that area, fill it in, block it off or what ever because he'll keep going back to it.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mightytegu