• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

getting the sun in the uk at last

Stu

[attachment=6803][attachment=6804][attachment=6805]Eventually the sun has come out. Ernie loved being out but Maya was a bit grumpy so stayed in the outbuilding room. I'm currently planning a nice outdoor enclosure for them. Ernie was so well behaved that I won't bother with the harness from now on. Their eggs are doing well and baby British Blues will be arriving in a few weeks as long everything keeps going as smoothly as it has been so far.

Attachments

• spring.JPG
    spring.JPG
    2.6 MB · Views: 78
  • my blue boy.JPG
    my blue boy.JPG
    2.8 MB · Views: 75
  • walkies.JPG
    walkies.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 64

chriswizz

5 Year Member
brilliant stu, were going to have to meet up at some point & let the boys say hello to each other. I still see George in him, they have to be bros. is that your garden, or around coningsby woodhall area.

Stu

chriswizz said:
brilliant stu, were going to have to meet up at some point & let the boys say hello to each other. I still see George in him, they have to be bros. is that your garden, or around coningsby woodhall area.

It's the garden mate, we get snakes along the hedgerow which is great. I often get calls from people in the village because they've got loads of hatchling grass snakes on their patios. I either relaese them at my place or on Kirkby Moor. Plenty of adders and slow worms too.

chitodadon

1,000+ Post Club
I took godzilla out today he was ok for five minutes and the tried to get out my grip lol

from Samsung Galaxy S3

chriswizz

5 Year Member
I always see plenty of grass snakes & slow worms when im fishing your way on, never been able to catch a grass snake though there too quick. caught slow worms before at bain valley fisheries, not met a wild adder though yet. were going to have to go herpin together, I love this kind of stuff, we see a big grass snake swimming down the drain outside our house last year. but not seen one on dry land here yet.

BatGirl1

1,000+ Post Club
Puff adders or something else? Where dubya lives he has them at the beach. ;) but he's now promised me an armadillo ...haha. speaking of harnesses I put niles on his in my bed and he was like "nawwww "...slipped right out the back then cuddled up on my lap for a nap. Thank god I wasn't outside :)

TegusRawsome80

5 Year Member
European Adders I'm assuming Batgirl1. They're very beautiful snakes and I believe the only venomous one that naturally occurs in Britain. Good looking tegus by the way Stu!

BatGirl1

1,000+ Post Club
Ah...here i am interested in getting a hognose. Maybe eventually breeding them...not sure yet. And yes nice looking tegus. I love the pic showing the vast field in the back. :)

Josh

Administrator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Nice shots - you have some pretty countryside! What's with all the smoke though??

Stu

Nice shots - you have some pretty countryside! What's with all the smoke though??
Thanks Josh, I'm very flattered you refer to it as pretty countryside but it's part of my garden. The smoke is just my very nice neighbours bonfire, they love seeing my girls taking the gu's for a walk out back. I'm formulating plans for outside pens and another outbuilding for various herps I hope to start breeding over the coming years. For now though I want to see how I get on breeding my blues this year and then slowly increase my gu collection. Not long 'til my clutch of blues hatch.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mightytegu