• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Free Roam Tegu

jarett_Harrison

5 Year Member
ok, so just thinking here. im getting the garage at my parents house. So, if i was succesful in litter box training, could he just hand out in my room? I would put up a 48" UVB and get a basking spot, but i think this would be better than building a massive cage. (and in case you guys were wondering why im going in the garage its because my mom is scared of reptiles and doesnt want them in her house. lol)

VARNYARD

Former Admin
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Jarett, you are going to put this baby in the garage, and is garage heated and cooled?

jarett_Harrison

5 Year Member
bobby, no not now. it would be when hes big. and it has air conditioning and heating. he will be in a cage untill hes four feet long. then i will probably build him an outdoor cage if you feel this is a bad idea. and the cage will be in my room in the house untill i move into the garage.

MIKE-ZILLA

5 Year Member
IM not a fan of letting reptiles roam in my living space due to germs and bacteria (samonila ect.) i would keep him in a cage,then consider outdoor caging when he gets larger. its cool that you have him using a litter box. I had a monitor once who did the same thing. even if he uses a litter box/dish he will still spread germs by walking around and dragging his tail through his waste.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fanderson9214