• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

food preperation!

reptastic

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
well i would like to share with you all a walk through of me preparing the food for some of my pets. i always start with the herbivores first because thier food takes much longer to prepare( about an hour) and i usually prepare thier food the night before and mist it down and place it in the fridge over night. the carnivore are much easier it takes maybe 10-15 mins. to prepare their food! in the link below im preparing the food for 3 tegus, 1 green iguana, 1 rhino iguana, 1 mali uromastyx, and a beaded dragon.this is how i prepare their food from start to finish although some of the food items are switched around each day it still in the same order (keep in mind this is only food that has to be prepared some of them are fed other whole food items like insects, worms and rodents). enjoy!

http://picasaweb.google.com/1072210...?authkey=Gv1sRgCMmN_6yQ-YiQEA&feat=directlink

reptastic

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
calcium is given 3-4x a week and vitamins 2x a wk and a rodent is given 1-2x a week

cornking4

5 Year Member
It's actually much easier (and healthier, according to Bobby) to skip supplements and feed exclusively whole prey. A lot of owners advocate feeding ground meats and fish but since they wouldn't be eating that in the wild there's no reason to feed it. It's all about replicating their diet in the wild: Rodents, small birds, and entire chickens ripped to shreds. Tegus on this raw diet typically are much healthier than those fed supplements and ground turkey.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pags1029