• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

first sucessful handeling!

Tarantu1aMan

5 Year Member
ive had my tegu a little over a week and ive tried to handle some but he didnt go for it,i left him alone for a while and i tried to handle him today,i did it for over an hour!about 30mns in the handling he fell asleep for like 10mns in my hands it was great, :) the hardest part of it all was taking him out, he has a backdrop along the back and sides of his cage so he tries to jump on the limbs and stuff lol,when i was going to take him out i took his hide out of the tank so there would be more room to work with,is this a good idea?ill post pics in a few days. :)

omgtaylorg

5 Year Member
Good job on handling him, you just have to keep building that trust as got_tegu said. But I honestly wouldnt mess with his hide ever...dont take him/her out of the hide and take it out...its called the hide for a reason. Its where they hide...its their place of safety where they feel its safe, its dark and they cant be bothered(in their mind). So messing with it, taking it away, and taking them out of it no longer makes it a hide or a safe place to them. Just my 2cents

MIKE-ZILLA

5 Year Member
Thats great that you were finally able to handle him! great work. mine wont go for handling that long. probably cause i never held him for more than a few minutes at a time.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erectus