• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

first hybernation

bond219

5 Year Member
My red is still in hybernation I think (LOL~no shes not dead). Am I supposed to start turning on her lights to wake her or wilol she come out on her own or what? She began hybernating around the first week of Jan now we are half way through Mar.

wyattroa

5 Year Member
I would let her come out at her own pace. My B&W went under in the end of October and have not seen her one day since. I check in every other day just to see if she has popped her head out. The substrate has never moved..I assume she is not dead since there is no smell..lol

bond219

5 Year Member
Heres my main issue she has been in and out the entire time. I really dont believe she has had a full hybernation properly. She has continuosly come out for water. I know this because of the movement of her moss that I keep in the cage for moisture. I am hoping she has a better hyber. the second time as she will be in her permanent enclosure.

bond219

5 Year Member
oh by the way does it matter that we keep the humidity up during hyber. or not, due to the fact that we disturb her trying to maintain this, or is it ok to allow this to be very low due to the fact that we live in PA the winter getting bad and have low moisture? We due have a system to maintain some moistrure but not enough for her permanent enclosure as of yet.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mightytegu