• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

feeding frozen mice and pinkies etc...

Anthony

5 Year Member
as a general rule how long does it take to thaw out frozen food? like if i take out a bunch of pinkies and let them thaw out at room temperture how long does it take? thanks

Tux

5 Year Member
Since I either do the ziplock or fridge method depending on size or prey I have no clue.

simon021

5 Year Member
I feed Steve on my lunch hour. When I get home, I take a couple pinkies out of the freezer and toss them into a cup of steaming hot water from the sink. I let them sit there for about 15-20 minutes and then feed him. They are plenty thawed and warmed up by then.

31drew31

5 Year Member
what i do is place them on top of a cage above the heat light and let them thaw out that way. Works just as well as warm water but no need to dry em off after.

VenomVipe

5 Year Member
Well, personaly like to put the rodents in the very warm water. As long as it is not dripping wet. It can be soaking wet because i think they can consume it easier and they get that extra water. But then if you feed in the cage any loose substrate will stick to the prey item so will have to use the tongs( hopfully u have some) to pick the chips off. They all have pros and cons really so you have to think which do you like more. :)

Tux

5 Year Member
The best method from a cellular perspective is the fridge like you do any meat but pinkies can be wet and it won't matter, just toss them in warm water ziplock optional, not steaming water that will boil a pinkie.

DaveDragon

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Pinlies will thaw in very warm water in only 2-4 minutes. I can thaw and warm a small rat in very warm water in 20 minutes but the water has to be changed once or twice.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mightytegu